Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Fireworks That Live In My Head

So...Independence Day. Freedom from? Maybe for me its going to be freedom from demons that keep setting off firecrackers in my brain. I am constantly creating, leaving so little time for actually doing. I need to find a way to tame those nasty little devils, so I can actually get something done.

I have a box (actually 2) of finished pieces of jewelry. And an entire loft room (studio) of unfinished projects. I've had the thought lately to go through the UFO's (UnFinished Objects) and catalog them, but I'm afraid it would be very depressing. I've also simply given up on some things. I haven't stitched much in the last 8 years (worsening vision problems) and I've quite a number of half finished quilts.

So now, maybe I'll make myself accountable to my blog to finish a few things. And actually get some of my jewelry sold. I will evict those little demons that tell me my stuff isn't good enough, that I'm not talented enough, and that I don't know how to market or sell. And I will let the ones that come up with some of my great thoughts stay...maybe I will even give them names.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment