Tuesday, November 4, 2014

I am Alive...Diva #192: Use My Tangle - Seton

First off, I am alive. I know I've said repeatedly that I have 6 classes (I am attending) this semester, and subsequently, being that I will graduate in May, they have gotten increasingly difficult on the homework scale.

I have been trying to fit in some tangle time (mostly in class) and trying to keep up with at least a few challenges (mostly Diva and Square One on Facebook.)

So this week's Diva Challenge was with guest CZT Cris Letourneau, with a Use My Tangle (UMT) for her tangle, Seton. If you haven't checked out her book (with Sonya Yencer, CZT) called Pattern Play, I highly recommend it.

Seton is a grid pattern, that rather reminds me of a quilt, so I had a little fun with it.


And this week, on Square One, the focus was on Punzel. I have never done this one before, but I think I really like it.


One of my classes this semester is on Stress Management (I am majoring in Kinesiology) and we had to split into groups and do a review of literature and demonstrations of different techniques being used in Stress Management. My group was lucky enough to grab Art Therapy for our topic, and I was able to do a Zentangle demo with the class (interactive, of course.) I pre-string tiles for larger groups, to cut out some time (we only had 20 minutes) and found after this trial of the demo, I need to re-do one of my strings...it looks too much like boobs...but he did a really nice job on it...(sorry if this offends anyone....Tyler is an established artist already, and this was his first tile...so I was rather impressed.)



Anyway...back to homework!


12 comments:

  1. love your tangle - it does indeed look like a quilt - I think the colouring is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the Renaissance tile. And I love Tyler's "boobs" tile. Very funny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlotte - I love this tile - It reminds me of Australian Aboriginal art - the colors on the Renaissance tile are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful quilt tile! The other two are pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful, well drawn Tile. Love you design and fills. The color and shading are just right.Your square one tile is wonderful as well. I'm really taking a liking to Punzel. Well done. Wishing you the best in your studies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Seton on the Renaissance tile - you've god a great balance of white, black and brown. great details too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your tan tile! So much in the vein of Australia Aboriginal art. Love your Punzel for Square One. I started out with that group, but can't stomach Facebook so closed my account. Shame they are on Facebook, as I would have liked to continue with classic Zentangle in a group.
    Gotta tell you, I love the boobs! What are you talking about "offensive", it's a brilliant tile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your quilty take on Seton - very subtle colors and really beautiful. How fun for you to do a demo for your class! Yeah, I really get the boobs one, because one of my tiles turned into a bikini. Well, you see what you see, I guess! Also, to Zoe who posted before me, that Facebook group does get overwhelming. I was able to stop the e-mail notifiers, so now it only comes up as little alerts on Facebook, which I can mark all in one swoop. Too bad there isn't a way to put everything for one topic in a viewing page so you can see them all together, Oh well... keep tangling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The amplification of the center square in seton is GREAT and your colorway with the wine accent is beautiful...good luck with your classes it sounds intense!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great story about Zentangle Art Therapy Stress Management [ZATST !?!] - I suggest you send it in for the Zentangle newsletter.

    ReplyDelete