Thursday, January 29, 2015

Diva #202: Chebucto vs. Copada

Oh man...was this one a real challenge for me!

This week, our darling Diva asked us to do a DuoTangle of Chebucto and Copada by Margaret Bremner. Now, for those that know me, I'm not squeamish, and I don't practice, I just do. I have to say this one was a major trial for me (resulting in a couple of ripped up tiles in the trash!) I love Margaret, but I was calling her all kinds of names...and kinda lost my Zen. But on a last resort, I pulled out one of my old "practice tiles" and I think I came up with something workable. I was really getting back into it in the end. (Thankfully, that silver pen is opaque and covers up a bunch of things!)


So to make this week a real challenge, here is a throwback Diva from when I was being a bit of a slacker. This one was #194, entitled "Embrace the Yuck." The prompt was to go outside your comfort zone and do a tangle with your non-dominant hand. I'm right handed. I may as well only have one arm, because my left does not do what I want it to do. I procrastinated on this one really bad for a while, because it made me very uncomfortable. I did part of it with my left hand, and part of it with my glasses off (which just made my eyes water and gave me a headache...)


ok...and now back to homework!

Stay Crazy My Friends!

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful shading, colouring and linework in Diva #202!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Diva tile! The red, silver, and black look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also went through a few iterations of my Diva tile this week, but my final posted result was no where near as successful as yours. All's well that ends well---or so "they" say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. See, your tile is what was in my mind - love it! I'm glad to hear I wasn't the only frustrated tangler this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your piece is stunning! I pretty much lost my zen and then I leaned on Wayne to "please help me find my way" and he showed me three different ways of doing this and it finally clicked. The same thing doesn't work for all. I really love the red and silver combo and that Copada is gorgeous...really!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous tile with Copada and Chebucto! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the DIVA 202 tile! It looks like it could be a Persian rug.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Diva challenge. I think the enbrace the yuck one is pretty good also. Sometimes we have to step outside the comfort zone to truly appreciate what we have.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really like the color combination in your challenge tile. Of course it may have something to do with being an Ohio State alum. The tile almost looks gray. The silver marker is a nice touch though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful, I gave it such lovely tangleations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your C vs C tile is awesome! So symmetrical! Are you trying to make us think you're well balanced? ;-) I like the shakey lines of the "yuck". Lots of character!

    ReplyDelete