Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Diva Challenge #163...Rixties in Pink!

Ok...yes...its punny. (Pretty in Pink...Rixties in Pink...whatever.)

This one I worked on a 6 x 6 in Sakura Gelly Roll Black & Pink 06, General Pastel Chalk in Pink and White, and General's Layout Pencil in Extra Black (My go-to shader...very black.)

I think this is my first real monotangle...I like it...but it may be a while before I entertain any pink paper again. This paper was rather...toothy, and I had to switch to the Gelly Roll because the Micron wan't making nice lines on it. Anyone looking at the back of my more experimental work like this, with color, will see all the pen tests, pencil tests, watercolor tests...you have to do this to find the right combos...I think it works pretty good.


8 comments:

  1. I think this is quite pretty, I lie the square in the center.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. I like how some of them pass under the square and others grow out of it. Same with the outer border. Looks good in pink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I took my first Zentangle classes with your sister!

      Delete
  3. Pretty in pink, and I like the way you moved them in and out of both border areas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a fan of pink, but this is lovely! I particularly like that the strands of Rixty grow out of and under the square and borders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My eyes hurt after working on the pink, so I won't be doing another in that color for a while. It was a pretty cool piece of paper, texture wise, but a little challenging to find the right pen.

      Delete