Thursday, September 11, 2014

Diva #184: ING-ing Around in Circles

Thank you Diva for giving me an excuse to not do some homework today!

I was in the CZT class (14) where ING was introduced, and I have been tearING up a log of my tanglING ever since. I decided to take a slightly different approach this time, and made my zig zag curvy, and spiraled it out. Of course I am still on my "black on tan" period, so that played into it as well. And that little Auraknot in the middle? it just  happened. I think its rather plain, but bold, it has a beat, and I can dance to it.


As part of my Stress Management class this semester, I am supposed to be journaling. I posted the beginnings of my art journal (covers) previously, and have now tackled the inside front cover. Not to give away too much, but the first actual page is a piece of mono print in greens, that kind of reminded me of the Emerald City, so I went with a bit of a Wizard of Oz theme here. I am still learning some painting techniques, and I sure wish I had more time to play with it. (chant with me...9 more months...9 more months...)


And...lastly...I am giving my first demo as a CZT this week. So anyone in San Diego area that wants to drop by, I will be at the Sew Hut on Balboa from 2 until about 5 ish. I think my demo is actually at 3, but since I am driving down there, I thought I would stay a while and try to miss traffic coming back. We are gearing up to possibly teach some free motion quilting with Zentangle...and I am a little excited!

ok...back to Epidemiology...fun fun!

Stay Crazy My Friends!
Char

7 comments:

  1. You've taken ING a whole new place. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you tho thilly. It does look like dance steps around the floor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful design concept using a spiral for your ING pattern. Beautifully drawn. Love the AuraKnot and the White line pattern for the background is so attractive. I enjoyed your post and join with you, "Nine more months, nine more months..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very impressed by the way you have tangled ING. I love your OZ painting especially as I am an OZ-addict.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like your use of ING and the OZ picture.

    ReplyDelete