Saturday, July 26, 2014

Whew...Time Flies...Diva Challenges #176 & 177, Rock Fest, and Random Travels...

Oh my goodness this has turned into a busy summer! We just got home from the 2nd trip (This one was only 8 days, and included our annual sojourn to Wisconsin for Rock Fest.)



I was without internet access for a week, and it was almost rather pleasant. On the other hand, I didn't get as much tangling done as I had hoped. I did leave a few random tangles as autographs...this was on a tent that was shaped like a VW van.



I did finish one of my two planned out tiles for Diva's guest challenge #176, which was entitled BYOB. The object was to paint/stain your tiles with whatever you were drinking. I hit a white tile with coffee, and tangled it in sepia pen. I did stain a 2nd tile with red wine, but I haven't had a chance to do anything with it yet.


These are my "before" tiles...


And the white tile after...I'll post the other one when I finish it.

For Diva's guest challenge #177, the task was to use Truffle, by Caroline Broady, CZT. About the time I was looking at this, I made a trip to the Georgia Aquarium. Truffle rather reminded me of the jelly fish, so I pulled out some blue grey charcoal paper and went a little ocean themed with white Gelly Roll pen, Blue Stardust, and chalk pastel pencils. It's a little weird...and its 6 x 6.


Well...back to laundry, my Spanish final, and puttering around the studio. My summer is nearing the end, I had to register for school a few days ago. 5 classes, one with lab (chemistry) and I am already feeling the strain. 

Stay Crazy My Friends!
CharKat

10 comments:

  1. Not weird - really like it! You've been busy - hope to see you in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am hoping to be able to ditch class on the Thursday and Friday to be there, but I'm down that way at least a couple times a month if you ever want to get together!

      Delete
  2. Love your "Jelly fish" Truffle tile. It really is lovely on the grey paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The jelly fish are fabulous. I love the colour you have added, especially the two shades of blue. I like the organic pattern of your B.Y,O,B, tile

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your jelly fish are great!!! Love all the aura's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really great your jellyfish Truffle! Wonderful colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The jelly fish are great. I like the Verdigogh on the stain tile also. Is a great tangle to use here.

    ReplyDelete