Friday, March 20, 2015

Post St. Paddy's Day Fallout...

Happy Belated St. Patricks Day!

This week's Diva Challenge (#209) was to "Make it Green." I am currently experimenting with various colored liquids (coffee, tea, wine) and stencils to pre-dye tiles and use the stencils for my string, so I decided to try one of my green tea applications and Jenny Perruzzi's  Zencils stencils (get them on etsy.com) Can't tell you my methodology yet, working it up for a class...shhh...top secret.

The whole tile is done in Gelly Roll pen this time. I laid down the metallic green first, and discovered my trusty Micron didn't like it, so I broke out the black Gelly...and ta-da...it worked great. tried to shade with a Tombow and blender, but that smeared a little, so went with General's Chalk Pastel Pencils instead.



Off to prep some more tiles!

Oh, and study for an Exercise Physiology test...

Stay Crazy My Friends!

8 comments:

  1. Sehr schöne Fliese mit einem orginellem Muster

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your knot. Like the Meers running through the one rectangle and I like the bronze metallic. Is that a gel pen or a Sharpie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tile. Green and gold goes so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tile. Green and gold goes so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!! It has a tribal feeling and I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty! I like how Meer really seems to start low (down in the sardine can? :-) must be the excellent shading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful and harmonious tile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful beautiful tile! Love it!

    ReplyDelete