Sunday, March 1, 2015

Tools of the Trade...Trading Tools?

Ok...this weeks Diva Challenge (#206) asked us to use something you don't normally use, or expand our horizons. I had it all planned out...the huge piece of beautiful Rosapina has been on my work table for weeks, I have it all planned out in my head. I started it...and it is now cut up into smaller tiles, as it really didn't work out the way I wanted it. (tried rubber-stamping words...not a good idea while you are on a conference call...)

So...I reverted to something else I figured as a semi-failed attempt a while back. I watercolored a few errant pieces of water color paper with the salt process and some cool Niji pearlescent watercolors, and when they were done, I didn't know what to do with them. They were so pretty, they intimidated me. So, I whipped out the least intimidating one (purple and grey) and the associated Tombows, and tangled away. I just got my Tombow markers recently, and haven't really used them much, and I have never really shaded with color, so this was a grand experiment.



I did mount it on a black tile, I thought it looked nicer.

Squeaking in under the wire...and back to homework.

Stay Crazy My Friends!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I like this tile a lot, the left corner is so very beautiful and has great depth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the left corner attracts they eye with its dimension. you have nice gradation on your shading with color. I had to look up rosapina. Sounds fab. what will you do with it? I'm sure you'll come up with something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cut it up into tiles and book marks, and tossed out the horrible printing I tried with rubber stamps. I really need to practice that technique a bit more. I kind of inherited a crap ton of stamps lately...

      Delete